A Samsung Galaxy Note9 caught fire in a woman's bag

A Samsung Galaxy Note9 caught fire in a woman's bag

A Samsung Galaxy Note9 caught fire in a woman's bag

Diane Chung, who is a real estate agent, has filed a lawsuit after her new unit spontaneously combusted on September 3 in her purse while she was in the elevator. She then went on to put it in her purse. She put it in her bag and then heard a "whistling and screeching sound" coming from the bag, along with "thick smoke". As soon as Chung reached the lobby, she kicked the device out of the elevator.

According to the lawsuit filed to the Queens Supreme Court, Chung tried to empty the purse's contents on the floor but in the process, she burned her fingers while trying to touch the Samsung phone that had caught fire. The device didn't stop burning until a person took it and dropped it into a bucket of water. As a comparison, the Galaxy Note7 had multiple incidents just weeks after it was launched and the device was recalled for the first time even before the Galaxy Note7 was a month old.

Other rumors claim that Samsung will follow in rival Apple's footsteps and release three variants of the Galaxy S10, each in different sizes and with a varying numbers of cameras.

So far, this is only one incident of a Galaxy Note 9 catching fire and it does not necessarily suggest a widespread issue.

With this being the tenth phone in the Galaxy S line, Samsung will doubtlessly want to introduce something that isn't visually identical to the S9. For owners of all phones with lithium-ion batteries, be careful with your devices while charging (avoid cheap third-party chargers!), don't leave them in hot cars in the summer and especially don't charge your phone under your pillow or next to your bed. A spokesperson told the Post that the company has "not received any reports of similar incidents involving a Galaxy Note9 device and we are investigating the matter".

It looks like Note 9 plans to continue the legacy of Note 7 as a lawsuit about a potential fire has come to light.

Related news

[an error occurred while processing the directive]