Antoine Griezmann Ends Transfer Saga And Confirms He Is Going Nowhere

Antoine Griezmann Ends Transfer Saga And Confirms He Is Going Nowhere

Antoine Griezmann Ends Transfer Saga And Confirms He Is Going Nowhere

Griezmann's decision is a further boost for Atletico, who announced earlier this week that they had reached a preliminary agreement to sign Monaco forward Thomas Lemar.

Antoine Griezmann has announced he is staying with Atletico Madrid.

"I have chose to stay", said Griezmann.

The Frenchman, voted the world's third best player of 2016, has been the subject of intense transfer speculation since signing a new contract with Atletico in May, 2017 which contained a buy-out clause that dropped from €200 million ($232 million) to €100 million on 1 July, 2018.

"Many calls come to my sister [and representative Maud Griezmann], but now [April 20] I'm not sure".

"He will go down in history at Atletico, at Barca he'd be just another player", he said.


The Frenchman revealed the snub to Barca in a freaky documentary entitled'The Decision' aired on a pay-to-view channel in Spain.

"They are doing everything possible to make sure the team keeps growing".

However, Griezmann - whose brace against Marseille secured a Europa League triumph for Diego Simeone's side in May - has elected to stay put, committing his future to Atleti as they look to secure a Champions League title.

Griezmann has netted 112 goals for Atletico during his four years at the club, but Barcelona have been persistent in their hunt, despite being reported to Federation Internationale de Football Association over an alleged illegal approach last December.

Griezmann received boos on Atletico's final game of the season, despite leading the club to Europa League glory.

Related news



[an error occurred while processing the directive]